Digital marketing categories are very broader today. We have found many types of online marketing because the use of the internet is increasing with time, and according to that, types of online advertising have also improved. For example, social media marketing, email marketing, SEM, and content marketing are types of online marketing.
As we all know, marketing is the backbone of any type of business. And nowadays, digital marketing is a trend in all marketing strategies. Because it gives you quick and more consumers compared to other marketings, it helps you to reach more audiences through platforms that they are already engaging with.
So before we start to learn the six different types of digital marketing, first, we need to know what digital marketing itself is.
WHAT IS DIGITAL MARKETING?
The idea of digital marketing was generated between the 1990s and 2000s when some popular brands and big companies started using technology for marketing. They use different types of online advertising and succeed. Businesses also have the option to work with a digital agency which can reduce a lot of costs and improve effectiveness
Today it seems like invisible businesses if they are not connected to digital marketing. It is also essential for your business to have a modern marketing intranet in place to boost productivity and connect departments, maximising the efficiency of your digital marketing campaigns.
6 DIFFERENT TYPES OF DIGITAL MARKETING :
#1. Content marketing :
Content marketing is a form of digital marketing categories which you have to create good quality content in the forms of videos, blogs, and audio. The quality of content is very important to generate leads for your business. You need to publish content regularly.
You need to create and distribute good valuable, and engaging content to attract a targeted audience and earn their trust.
- It is a free promotion strategy.
- Engaging with the existing customers so that they buy again.
- It is a core strategy of digital marketing.
- It is time-consuming.
- It needs quality and consistency.
HOW TO USE IT?
The key to the beginning is designing or creating an effective content strategy related to your product.
- Research your target audience using keyword planner tools and data analytics software.
- Make effective content.
- Choose the format: video, audio, blog articles, infographics and others.
- Finalize the platform. And post regular content.
#2. Search engine optimization :
How relevant your page is according to the keywords which are searched by people is decided by the algorithms of Google. And that is updated frequently, so SEO strategies are adjusted according to them.
If SEO is effectively managed, your page automatically goes to the top of the SERP, and you get more organic traffic. Furthermore, as an SEO agency, we understand that SEO isn’t solely about driving traffic to your website; it’s also about attracting the right kind of visitors who are genuinely interested in your products or services. Hence, a well-optimized website, featuring quality content and relevant keywords, can significantly enhance your brand visibility, credibility, and ultimately, customer conversion rates” – says Milosz Krasinski, Managing Director at miloszkrasinski.com
- It increases the visibility of your brand.
- It is cost-efficient
- It’s time-consuming, and you need patience.
- Sometimes changes in guidelines affect your efforts.
HOW TO USE IT?
- The first thing you need is quality content for good SEO. Do keyword research and follow guidelines to discover what people search for.
- Keep improving knowledge about SEO and stay updated.
- Beginners need to use some plug-ins which will help them in the initial stage. (e.g., Yost plug-in for WordPress)
#3. Social media marketing.
Social media marketers use social media platforms as a marketing tool. Ads run on different social media platforms to increase reach to a new audience. You also make an attractive profile and create quality content for your product or business.
The selection of social media platforms is based on which type of audience you want. Like if you want an audience between the age of 25 to 29, you need to use Instagram, and if you want an older audience, you need Facebook.
- You are able to target a specific targeted audience.
- High conversion rate.
- Multiplication of effort is easy (content shared by the audience).
- You need to be updated constantly with the new algorithm.
- You need strategies and good planning to grow your content.
HOW TO USE IT?
Make a channel related to your business and upload valuable content for your targeted audience.
#4. Search engine marketing/pay-per-click.
It is related to a paid advertisement that appears on the top SERPs. This “Ad” related strategies known as an SEM. You need to pay for that advertisement. And anyone who clicks that “Ad” directly comes to your website. It is a type of paid media.
- Fast visibility.
- It is time-saving.
- You need to pay a higher long-term cost.
- Need good management.
#5. Affiliate/Influencer Marketing.
It is a strategy to work with an affiliate or influencer which helps to increase your audience reach and generate sales, and you need to pay for it. Moreover, another strategy consists in choosing the right influencer marketing software to achieve the best results
This is a successful main approach for b2c advertising since you focus entirely on the client’s needs while seeking to develop engagement among businesses and customers. Having an affiliate or referral program, and working with Influencers can bring a substantial amount of income for your business.
It is more effective to choose an individual influencer who is popular and admired in the same industry. They will make promotional content and put links to your website in their audience. It is also included in different types of paid media.
- Don’t need any special expertise.
- Limited investment.
- Uncontrolled competition.
- Unguaranteed income.
HOW TO USE IT?
- Finalize your expected goals which you want from the affiliate.
- Select trustful affiliate companies of find influencers with target audience
#6. Email marketing :
It is a strategy of Digital marketing that sends a commercial message about sales, and product release events, to a group of people, using email with their permission.
It is a powerful marketing strategy. According to “LYFE marketing,” approximately $40 revenue is generated for every $1 spent on email marketing.
- Increase conversion rate.
- It is cost-effective.
- It automates the sales cycle.
- Spam emails.
- People might only be interested in emails with good offers.
HOW TO USE IT?
- Select proper email software.
- Collect your target consumers’ emails.
- Clean up your email list using an email checker service
- Send emails and explain to your consumer.
Creating a digital product takes effort, of course. But investing the time and energy of developing your email marketing strategy pays off when you consider all the advantages. Here are some of the benefits of selling digital products online.
WHEN DO YOU USE DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIES IN YOUR BUSINESS?
According to the stage of your business, different types of online marketing strategies will help you.
1 . First, improve your audience reach :
- To expand your audience reach, SEM, Social media marketing, and affiliate marketing will help you.
2 . Improve your brand value
- After getting a good reach of the audience, you need to create good quality content to improve your brand value by using Email marketing and social media marketing.
3 . Move forward to the next level
- Invest in advanced digital marketing courses and learn advanced and effective marketing strategies to improve your marketing to the next level. If you’re afraid of being left behind, take help from marketing books for an in-depth understanding of how marketing and business work.
As you see, If you want to grow any new or old businesses today, it is a highly competitive task, and it is not done without digital marketing or online marketing. You need to update your business with different types of online marketing for success.